If you are looking for a career in a growing industry with great benefits and co-workers, Craighead Electric is the place for you. We offer a great work environment with room for growth.
Job Title: Data/Billing Analyst
Reports To: Vice President of Member Services
Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Data/Billing Analyst assists the Manager of Member/Corporate Information Systems in supporting the Cooperative’s Business Information Systems, including the Customer Information System (CIS) and Financial Management System (FMS). The Data/Billing Analyst also assists the Billing Technician in verifying and calculating the billing of member accounts. The analyst must have a general understanding of information systems and concepts, and must also have analytical and general mathematical abilities.
- Will provide support for the software programs to be used by the Cooperative, including: CIS, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Payroll, Inventory, Material, Work Orders, Fixed Assets and Patronage Capital, as well as other Customer Information Applications and Financial System Applications.
- Will ensure secure operations of all business information systems including CIS/FMS for data security.
- Will help monitor and test business continuity/disaster recovery plans for all critical systems relating to CIS/FMS.
- Other areas of responsibility include:
- Support of the Cooperative’s Business Information Systems, including CIS and FMS.
- Maintaining the hardware that supports the Cooperative’s Business Information Systems.
- Assisting as needed in the use of CIS/FMS software.
- Supporting the RVI system and scanned data.
- Support of interfacing and data imports for CIS/FMS and related systems.
- Supporting the online payment system (e-biz), and phone payment system (IVR).
The above items include general areas of responsibility of the Data/Billing Analyst. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Will develop an increasing understanding and support of the Cooperative and the electric cooperative program; will protect and enhance the reputation and public image of the Cooperative and its staff; will contribute in every possible way to high morale, teamwork, and helping others obtain job satisfaction; will promote more efficient use of electricity by Cooperative members; will provide maximum assistance and support to supervisors and department managers.
- Will perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Will be subject to 24-hour call-out.
- WILL OBSERVE ALL SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS AS REQUIRED.
This includes Craighead Electric, Arkansas Public Service Commission, RUS and equipment and chemical manufacturers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a confidential manner with CEO, Staff, and employees.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels of information technology users.
- Must be able to evaluate user needs and system requirements, and to assist in the development of information systems that best meet those needs.
- Ability to understand and interpret Cooperative policies, procedures, and programs to effectively carry out job duties.
- Ability to understand and interpret PSC rules regarding rates and service rules and regulations, especially as they pertain to functions performed by corporate information systems, such as consumer billing.
- Ability to work with CEO, Vice President of Finance and Administration, Human Resources Manager, Department Managers/Supervisors, and other employees to coordinate and complete the goals and standards of the Cooperative.
- Ability to work with Information Systems Vendors regarding helpdesk and support tickets.
- Ability to work with other Member Cooperatives and Professional Organizations for the purpose of exchanging information and exploring solutions with IT professionals in similar environments.
- Ability to work with accounting, human resources, member services, engineering, maintenance, marketing/communication, district offices, and meter department employees as required.
- Information Systems / Information Technology Concepts
- Microsoft Windows OS
- Microsoft Office Software
- IT Security Concepts
- Computer Networking Concepts
- Mid-range Computer System Administration (iSeries, AS/400)
Experience / Education:
- Associate degree in Information Systems or related field preferred, with knowledge and/or experience in Accounting.
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience in information systems.
- Additional education/work experience may be considered in lieu of the above.
Must be interested in providing assistance to both Cooperative members and fellow employees; promoting a positive attitude; and in succeeding.
Must be able to perform the essential elements of the position of Data/Billing Analyst competently, following a training period of not to exceed six months. Must possess personal characteristics that will make the employee a productive work team member, including high integrity, good personal habits and regular attendance at work. Should be friendly and able to meet people easily and able to adjust to different personalities. Should be able to gain and maintain the respect of others, both inside and outside of the organization. Must be reliable and dependable.
Some work outside of normal business hours is required. Travel as required to attend meetings, conferences, and training.
Applications will be taken from 8-5, Tuesday, September 4 through Friday, September 21, 2018, at 4314 Stadium Blvd. in Jonesboro, AR, or via email at email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.